Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: have i loaded the film correctly. Please help!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well,
    The good news is there is no way you can put the film in wrong in and super-8 camera I have ever seen and still close the door. The fact that the film type is visible through the window is also good news.

    Before you actually run film through this camera you should let it run empty for a few minutes and see if either it smooths out or grinds to a stop. Sometimes a camera that's been sitting idle for a long lime needs to redistribute it's lube.

    Don't worry about taking the cartridge out, you can put it back later without losing much footage. (less than 1 second)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bigmasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think all the films have a text that says it's been exposed at the end of the film. So when you have shoot the whole film and take it out of the camera there should be text "exposed" (or something like that) on the small part of the film you can see in the film window.

    Make a test before shooting. Shoot half a second and look if the film has moved. Like BolexPlusx said you only loose less than a second of film when yuo take it out of the camera and put it back. It's better to loose that second than see after filming in Michael Jacksons last concert, where he dies on stage, that the film wasn't actually rolling because the camera is broken :-)

    hope I was a help...

    Ps. this I don't quarantee, but I have heard that you can use basic olive oil (not the whole bottle!) to lubricate cameras. Maybe there's an technician who can tell me if I'm totally wrong on this one????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member davidbeazley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hiya i have recently brough a Super 8 Bell Howell sound sync Camera. I've just got a Film and struggled to actually get it in.
    I was wondering if i actually got it in the right way round as on the little window where you can see part of the film put it in says K40 with an Orange background.
    I'm not sure if this is the right way round as there's nothing to tell me how much footage i have left to shoot.
    Also i got the Camera off ebay and when i tried to run it without a film in it made a sort of jarring sound. It's also like this when i run it with Film in it.
    Do you think it's actually working alright and just the mechnacisms a little stiff, or do you think this will affect the film.
    Thanks for all ur help
    Dave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •